Quality Assurance Specialist – Remote Eligible
The Quality Assurance Manager will manage testing to ensure solutions developed within Spear are of the highest quality. This role will work closely with internal stakeholders to guarantee each solutions’ story requirements are met to satisfy the needs of the end user. You are a detail-oriented, bug catching expert that thrives in a collaborative sprint environment.
- Work with stakeholders, product owners and the development team to ensure that the projects on Spear’s Technology Roadmap are completed to high quality standards.
- Ensure alignment between stakeholders and development teams on user story functionality by creating test case plans that are easy to understand and replicate.
- Perform functional, regression, and automated tests each sprint to reduce bugs.
- Test User Story functionality (code execution) in various environments and document findings (tested results vs. expected results) in a manner that is easy to follow and reproduce.
- Leverage test results to create and improve test plans.
- Perform full regression testing before a major release is deployed at the end of a sprint.
- Perform exploratory testing on a regular basis to help identify areas where we can improve usability, performance, and security.
- Develop and update a Regression Testing Framework.
- Develop automated tests on the most common features with Selenium Web Driver.
- Utilize test case management software to efficiently manage, track and organize software testing efforts with measurable results.
- Generate, document, and maintain bi-weekly KPI metrics (using automated means) that measure Requirement coverage, Test Case Coverage, Pre-production Bugs Raised, and Rejected QA Bugs
- Work with the Development Team to update and maintain test environments (with appropriate data) to execute test plans effectively.
- 3+ years of Quality Assurance experience
- Selenium Web Driver experience required
- Programming or computer science degree preferred
- Experience with test case management tools (Qtest) preferred
What Spear Offers
- Beautiful Facility
- Company Sponsored Events (Think costume contests, holiday parties and 5k’s!)
- The Most Amazing Coworkers Around
- Spear Cares
- Great work/life balance
- Regular Town Halls and CEO Lunches
- Career Development Pathways
- Flexible Time Off plus Spear Holidays
- And much more!
Spear Education deeply values diversity and what it brings to our communities and our organization.
Everyone is welcomed here, regardless of how you look, your physical abilities, where you come from, when you were born, what you believe in, how you identify, who you love, how you think, and whether or not you have served.
We seek to create a culture where each person feels heard, supported and engaged in a positive, empathetic way.
We are allies in, and advocates for, our shared humanity.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.