Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
Reporting to the Director of Accounting, the Sr. Revenue Manager will own revenue for rentals, partnerships, subscription, advertising and professional services revenue streams and provide solutions to ensure our revenue recognition is optimized and in compliance with U.S. GAAP under ASC 606 and internal accounting and internal controls policies. You will manage the sales order administration to billing to cash cycle, with the emphasis on revenue recognition technical skills.
You will have the opportunity to be a key player in shaping our accounting processes and control flows, tracking our performance, and identifying new opportunities for improvements in our reporting. You will work with professionals from all functions of the company, as well as with our external partners and advisors. The Senior Revenue Manager has ownership of all accounting aspects of revenue recognition and must understand, analyze and communicate financial impacts to revenue throughout the organization.
This is a great opportunity to take on a core accounting managerial role in the Mobility space!
- Lead and design Spin’s overall revenue recognition framework
- Manage and develop a team of Revenue Accountants and other professionals
- Ensure worldwide revenue recognition in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS including review and compliance with ASC 606 requirements, significant financing, material rights, and other revenue estimates
- Direct the continued implementation and improvement of technical tools to reduce manual business processes
- Implement Revenue Module (Netsuite’s ARM or RevPro or similar applications) to support growing business
- Manage end to end process (including design, implementation or testing) of Order to cash process at mid/large size public Company
- Be the voice of the team and partner with Business, Product and Data to implement best in class processes in the areas of order administration and billing to ensure accurate data inputs and allowing us to best leverage our accounting system to determine revenue recognition
- Draft and maintain accounting policies related to revenue and cost of revenue
- Advise on the implementation of technical accounting conclusions
- Work at the lowest level of detail to understand Company operations and proactively identify accounting issues
- Assist with month-end close deliverables and review journal entries, account reconciliations, and fluctuation analyses
- B.S. or above degree in Accounting, CPA required
- Typically 8+ years of progressive experience – preferably a mix of Big 4 accounting firm experience (preferably at the Manager level) and public companies with multiple, complex revenue streams in a software and/or micro-transaction environment
- Extensive knowledge of ASC 606, especially under multiple performance obligations and software revenue recognition
- Confident, self-starter, able to work with minimal direction
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity
- Ability to conduct technical accounting research and document findings
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills as well as ability to effectively use accounting knowledge to collaborate, guide and interact professionally with a wide range of personnel at various levels within the organization to drive sound business decisions
- Ability to effectively present information with confidence and accuracy to various levels of internal management and external auditors
- Exceptional organizational skills, project management experience to include management of large-scale/global initiatives
- Ability to train and develop employees
- Strong knowledge of SOX requirements, including the ability to assess, develop and implement internal controls related to revenue and deferred revenue
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles