Senior Software Engineer
About the Role
Our engineering team consists of engineers that are passionate about creating finely polished and intuitive experiences and, at the same time, obsess over performance and reliability of what we build. We challenge the status quo and strive towards finding the best way to solve problems.
We promote being a more well rounded engineer by working on different parts of the engineering stack. We also work in very small groups to keep processes and overhead low, so we have a lot of trust and accountability to perform the work required to build the best product.
- Lead technical projects and work with software engineers working
- Tackle hard problems, and deliver a fitting solution
- Collaborate with product managers to come up with the best solutions given requirements and time constraints
- Develop APIs and write clients to interact with other APIs
- Build for scale, availability, performance and security across the stack
- Deliver quality software through comprehensive code reviews and automated unit and integration testing
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in backend development.
- Track record of working with software development teams through challenging projects
- Strong design and development experience with Ruby on Rails or similar languages like Java, Python or NodeJS.
- Designed complete services with clear API contracts
- You are focused on producing high quality software, test cases and monitoring tools
- You deeply understand relational database systems and schema design, preferably have experience with NoSQL solutions like Redis or Cassandra.
- You have developed RESTful, GraphQL or gRPC APIs using various authentication protocols like OAuth2 or API keys
- Great communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Experience with API services like Nginx, Kong, Apollo or AWS API Gateway
- Understanding of rate limiting
- Worked yourself on mobile clients or closely worked with mobile developers
- Big data experience (BigQuery, Redshift)
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles