Sr. Manager, Accounting – Remote
Who We Are at Sprout Therapy:
Sprout Therapy is a tech-forward provider of pediatric autism therapy across the United States. We believe that families, clinicians, and insurers all deserve a better healthcare experience, so we built one.
Backed by over $96mm from leading investors in healthcare technology, including General Catalyst, Founders Fund, SignalFire, e.ventures, 8VC, Felicis Ventures, Sound Ventures, and Bling Capital, our mission is to provide personalized, technology-empowered care for children with autism in the environment best suited to help them grow and thrive — the home.
We’re looking to rapidly grow our team with values-driven, diverse, and caring professionals to help us improve autism care.
About the Role:
We are looking for a highly driven, hands on Sr. Manager, Accounting who is comfortable implementing best-in-class accounting policies and controls in a fast paced environment. The position offers significant responsibility and interaction with cross-functional teams and leadership, as well as considerable opportunity to have a large impact within a hypergrowth and evolving organization.
What You will Do:
- Leading end to end monthly financial close process and prepare financial statements, including preparation of supporting schedules and related analysis to ensure accurate compilation and report financial data in accordance with US GAAP
- Lead consolidation process, especially in regards to accounting for acquired entities
- Develop and ensure execution of key controls and documentation requirements
- Design scalable and efficient accounting processes and working cross functionally to ensure financial reporting is useful for operational and planning purposes
- Build processes to reconcile financial statements with practice management system
- Participate in the launch of new business initiatives or acquisitions, advising management on finance and tax due diligence through integration
- Collaborate with 3rd party tax and audit advisors to lead year end audit and tax filing preparation
- Work closely with leaders of Finance, Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) and Audit team to ensure all possible claims are processed by month-end
- Prepare company for future external audits and eventually manage audit process
What You will Need:
- 8+ years of experience with 3 years experience in leading financial close and audit process in high growth company (preferably healthcare or technology)
- Remote work from home, requires reliable internet connection and acceptable work from home setting.
- US or Canadian CPA with US GAAP experience and experience at a large audit firm
- Advanced Excel Skills required to turn complex data into easily understandable reports
- Technically proficient with experience in developing accounting policies and memos
- Well developed analytical and problem-solving skills, solid attention to detail and big picture thinker
- Experience working in high-growth fast-paced environments with strong processes and controls, superior project management and documentation skills
In addition to our clinicians and supporting departments, our company is built around four cross functional teams (spanning operations, product, marketing, business development, etc.):
- Demand – Deliver top notch products and services to our growing number of families. You’ll work with families to understand pain points and optimize the patient journey from first contact to start of care to offboarding.
- Supply – Own and manage the relationship with our clinical practitioners. You are responsible for the growth of our clinician ecosystem by attracting, recruiting, and retaining high quality autism care providers.
- Platform – Build tools and provide services to optimize and improve the delivery of clinical care. You’ll help match the right provider with the right family, coordinate clinical care, and develop digital therapeutics products.
- Quality – Improve the quality of care delivered to our families. You’ll ensure that we provide strong clinical outcomes, develop training platforms to level up our providers, and maintain compliance with a variety of payor and regulatory requirements.
At Sprout, we are a globally distributed team with many of our team members located throughout the world, including in the following cities: San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Toronto, Montreal, and Kyiv. While everyone currently works remotely, we envision a future that balances face to face collaboration with a remote friendly environment.
What We Believe:
- Families first, everything else second: We put our families first, always. No decision is made at Sprout without considering the value it would bring to our families.
- Think and act like an owner: We think of ourselves as not just employees but part owners. We understand that when Sprout thrives, we all thrive.
- Candor and respect: We can't achieve greatness without ever disagreeing. We need to have healthy debates to ensure that we're making the right decisions.
- Never settle for less: We don't settle for anything less than excellence. We're relentlessly committed to delivering the best care to our patients and always strive to do better by them.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
Sprout Therapy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applicants from every background and life experience.