HR Coordinator/Jr. Generalist
WHO WE ARE
SQUIRE is a booking and payment platform that connects people with great barbers nationwide. SQUIRE makes it easy to discover and book the best barbers wherever you are, in just a few taps.
SQUIRE is also the premier management platform for barbershops. Using SQUIRE, barbers are able to engage their customers, process bookings and payments and better market their business through SQUIRE’s “barbershop discovery” capabilities. Fully integrated with a point of sale, inventory management and payroll systems, SQUIRE is a one-stop solution for barbershop owners to efficiently operate their business.
With headquarters in New York and a presence in major cities in the United States and Canada, SQUIRE has quickly become a market leader in technology solutions for the barbershop industry nationwide.
Reid Christian, an investor at Charles River Ventures (CRV) who led the Series B, said that he knew SQUIRE would be a success when he experienced the product at Rust Belt Barbering in Buffalo, New York. Christian compared SQUIRE to a “Venmo-like experience” with transactions. He estimates billions of dollars in men’s grooming spend.
When shops broadly reopen, SQUIRE is in a good, timely spot to be adopted by the masses. For the co-founders, the incoming wave of interest was affirmed a long time ago. For more information, please visit getsquire.com or download the SQUIRE iOS app from the App Store.
The role of the HR Coordinator/Jr. Generalist is to help the HR team ensure that SQUIRE operates within the law at all times. In collaboration with the Head of People, the HR Coordinator/Jr. Generalist will offer counsel on HR related issues, and serve as an effective partner for day-to-day support to the HR team and employees as needed. This role will assist in guiding the HR department and SQUIRE’s daily administrative functions. Responsibilities include and are not limited to coordinating and assisting with activities such as: talent acquisition and staffing (sourcing/recruitment, interviewing, hiring and onboarding), learning and development, and assisting the Head of People and Recruiter in their strategic planning efforts. The HR Coordinator/Jr. Generalist will also be the first point of contact for employee questions and concerns. This role plays an important part in creating and embracing company culture throughout the employee lifecycle.
Head of People
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide a high level of customer service to assist the HR team, employees, and company’s management in HR matters.
- Ensure that utmost confidentiality is maintained for all sensitive HR information.
- Assist the HR team in organizing and conducting NHO, onboarding, and staff integration process.
- Work with the HR team to gather data for analysis and create reports as needed for various strategies. Make recommendations on an action plan when needed.
- Collaborate with the HR team and PEOs/HRIS to manage and accommodate all leave requests.
- Be an integral member of performance management initiatives; assisting with research and the design of questions, and assist the HR team in analyzing data and results; make recommendations for action plans.
- Help the Head of People and Recruiter in the planning, coordination, and implementation of strategic talent acquisition and recruitment strategies.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain the HR Calendar.
- Coordinate training sessions and seminars.
- Partner with the HR Team to ensure all positions have compliant and current job descriptions that meet FLSA guidelines and clearly define the scope of responsibilities and measures of success.
- Conduct necessary research to ensure compliance with all relevant international, state, and federal employment guidelines.
- Assist with identifying vendors and learning partners to further L&D offerings at SQUIRE.
- Be the first point of contact for employees for guidance on a range of challenges and questions.
- Work alongside the Head of People and HR team to create communications, training materials, and other change management tools that educate managers and employees on new and revised policies, processes, and initiatives that support legal requirements.
- Maintain accurate and compliant employee records.
- Ensure all HR systems and platforms are being used to full capacity, and that all employee information in the HR information system is accurate and up-to-date.
- Partner and collaborate with all HR team members on cross-functional initiatives, projects, and implementing high-impact culture initiatives.
- Build strong relationships with employees and management.
- The duties and responsibilities outlined above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time based on department and business needs.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Always be ready to step up and go beyond your core responsibilities and go the extra mile for the project and the team
- Seek knowledge and insight and make recommendations to the Head of People for resolution and action items
- Always deliver on your commitments
- Able to maintain confidential information, work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrate passion about creating and ‘living’ an inclusive culture that enables all EEs to be their best selves
- Able to pivot and adjust strategy as more information is gathered
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Must be able to interact professionally and positively at all levels
- Must possess a high degree of energy, sense of urgency, and customer service orientation
- Working knowledge of HR data systems (applicant tracking systems, employee portals/websites)
- Proficient in GSuite and Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Minimum 3-5 years of HR experience in an Administrator, Coordinator, or closely related Jr. Generalist capacity, in a customer-facing role required.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Human Resources or related field
Salary Range: 68K-73K DOE
SQUIRE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.