Vice President of Information Technology
About the Role
The VP of Information Technology will lead our dynamic IT organization at one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies. As VP of Information Technology, you’ll also be responsible for all areas of the IT organization including IT Infrastructure, Enterprise Applications and Insights, Business Systems, Employee Technology Services, and IT Analytics. You’ll be responsible for the reliability, scalability, security and maturity of our systems to support our rapidly growing business using the industry best practices expected of a large, public, international company.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader who possesses a complementary balance of business and technology in a SaaS environment with an emphasis on business value, quality and optimization of service, system integrity and stability.
In addition to the operational responsibility, this is a strategic role that requires strong partnership with almost every function across the company, including Engineering, Algorithms, Security, Product, Finance, Marketing, CX, Warehouse Operations and work seamlessly with the executive team. You’ll partner with other senior leaders across the company to translate information technology capabilities into strategic business decisions. You’ll build a strong long-term technology strategy that aligns with the company strategic plan and influences the overall company direction. You’ll drive accountability and metrics ownership to translate strategy into results. And you’ll align and inspire your organization by effectively communicating and engaging the team in the strategy.
What You Will Do
- You will lead and manage the Information Technology organization, inclusive of enterprise applications, business systems supporting various verticals in Finance, Marketing, Customer Experience and Human Resources, SaaS based Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Employee Technology Services, IT Infrastructure, Operations and platforms.
- You will develop a multi-year strategy and roadmap for IT to anticipate and scale to support and enable a high-growth company with double-digit growth.
- You will identify, manage and optimize enterprise technology efficiencies, including ensuring resilience of IT systems and infrastructure across our global employee and warehouse footprint
- You will anticipate and manage future technology debt challenges through partnership and raising awareness of technical dependencies
- You will inspire, coach and mentor IT practitioners in their career development and develop a culture of feedback and professional growth.
What You Bring
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Information Systems, Analysis, Business or relevant experience
- 15+ years managing and delivering IT services and projects in a cloud-native, engineering-heavy technology environment.
- 8+ years of people management experience
- You are an experienced leader, able to guide teams and executives through complex data-driven decisions
- You possess a deep understanding of IT operations and business systems in the context of resilient business and technology processes
- You have a track record for delivery in a high-growth, rapidly changing environment
- You champion and drive a culture of continuous learning to improve execution and remove roadblocks that are holding the team back.
- You are a strategic partner who can translate business problems to technology solutions.
- You work effectively across the business to influence and create client value.
- You empower self-organization and responsibility within your teams
Why You’ll Love Working at Stitch Fix
- We are a group of bright, kind and goal oriented people. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer transparent, equitable, and competitive compensation based on your level to help eliminate bias in salaries, as well as equity and comprehensive health benefits.
- We are proud to say that we work for Stitch Fix and know that the work we do brings joy to our clients every day