Revenue Accounting Manager
Help empower our global customers to connect to culture through their passions.
About the team
The Finance & Accounting team at StockX brings together expertise from some of the world’s top marketplace companies. The team is composed of finance, revenue, accounting, tax, treasury, and payroll professionals committed to making StockX a phenomenal place to work, grow and learn. The team operates in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. We are working to put into place the right systems and processes to scale as StockX grows. We work cross-functionally across the business and teams to build a strong sense of trust and partnership, improve processes and align with the multifaceted needs of StockX. From FP&A and Payroll to Revenue, and Accounts Payable, the Finance & Accounting team is core to our business and spans around the globe from Detroit and the San Francisco Bay Area, to London and Singapore and many places in between.
About the role
We’re looking for an Accounting Manager – Revenue to join our growing Finance team as a leader of global revenue processes and systems at StockX. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and implementing key process and automation initiatives to drive and manage our monthly revenue accounting and reporting close cycles, while ensuring completeness and accuracy of revenue data in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
You’ll manage both internal and external resources that are critical to improving the month end close process, and develop strong partnerships with Technical Accounting, FP&A, Tax, Payments and Product to gain up-to-date business insights and provide accounting support for new product offerings and initiatives. You will report directly into the Director of Revenue, and play a key role in the growth and development of an expanding revenue accounting team.
What you'll do
- Manage revenue accounting operations for the complete order-to-cash cycle – areas include but not limited to revenue, inventory, taxes and fees, payments, refunds, chargebacks, collection and disbursement processes
- Lead key projects and initiatives to improve the speed and quality of month-end close
- Build relationships across multiple payment service providers to align on data and reporting needs to support reconciliation and close related activities
- Partner with revenue accounting systems team in automation efforts and building accounting requirements for strategic initiatives as it relates to payments accounting
- Design, implement and take ownership of key revenue accounting controls
- Partner with technical accounting team to establish critical revenue accounting policies, and to ensure operations are in alignment with ASC 606 guidance
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to gain business insights and build accounting processes to support new products or business expansion initiatives
- Support the growth and development of direct reports and provide mentorship and guidance to the wider accounting team
- Support external audit requirements
- B.S. Degree in Finance / Accounting
- CPA license required, Big 4 experience a plus
- Minimum 8 years progressive financial and accounting experience
- Advanced understanding of US GAAP and ASC 606
- Experience in payments accounting strongly preferred
- Proven ability to improve month end close processes while operating in a SOX effective environment
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to work effectively with business partners to leverage internal or external tools that are critical to a successful Revenue Close
- Proven ability to grow and develop high-performing teams in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in enterprise accounting software, system implementation experience a plus
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $110,000 to $150,000 plus opportunities for benefits (e.g., medical, dental), equity and discretionary bonuses. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Pursuant to the New York City Pay Transparency Law, the base salary range for this position is $128,000 to $160,000 plus opportunities for benefits (e.g., medical, dental), equity and discretionary bonuses. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
StockX is the premier current culture platform for buying and selling authentic, new, sought-after products. Our powerful marketplace connects buyers and sellers for sneakers, apparel, accessories, electronics, collectibles and trading cards around the world. We provide millions of global customers with unprecedented access and market visibility powered by real-time data, allowing them to transact based on true market value. Launched in 2016 in Detroit, Michigan, StockX now employs more than 1,500 people in offices and authentication centers in 11 countries.