Senior Software Engineer – Web
Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
Technology @ StockX:
Our Technology Team is on a mission to build the next generation e-commerce platform for the next generation customer. We build world-class, innovative experiences and products that give our users access to the world’s most-coveted products and unlock economic opportunity by turning reselling into a business for anyone. Our team uses cutting edge technologies that handle massive scale globally. We’re an internet-native, cloud-native company from day 1 – you won’t find legacy technology here. If you’re a curious leader who loves solving problems, wearing multiple hats, and learning new things, join us!
We’re looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our Web Platform Team.
- Research and implement cutting edge technology that can be applied to handle massive scale
- Take responsibility for the performance and uptime of the services owned by the team by collecting metrics, participating in on-call rotations, monitoring production systems, debugging issues as they come up, and responding with a sense of urgency
- Help define the way we work in the future including coding and design standards
- Work effectively in an agile development process
- Take product requirements and transform them into technical tasks
- Mentor other software engineers to help bolster overall team competency
- Participate and/or conduct in agile ceremonies
- 5-10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with refactoring frontend monolith into micro frontends is a plus. NextJS and Webpack, a plus.
- Strong professional experience and understanding of the React ecosystem and building complex user interfaces.
- Deep understanding of web development best practices, including performance optimization, internationalization, and localization.
- Experience with influencing organizational wide technical decisions.
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud providers (e.g. Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- You are product focused and collaborate to find the best possible solutions
- Experience with testing strategies and an understanding of when to use each
Our global platform offers unprecedented access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. And, unlike other ecommerce sites, StockX hand-checks every purchase (20,000+ daily trades) at one of our regional authentication centers.