Junior UX Content Writer
We are hiring a junior content and UX writer to join our team. This role is for our distributed team, who normally operates within the +8 UTC (Cebu) to +10 UTC (Sydney) time zones.
As a junior content and UX writer, you will help us build our telecommunications products which are being used by customers globally. We want to empower small and medium businesses to offer telecommunications products in a way that they can compete with big companies. If you are interested in working on this mission, please join us.
You will be part of our product team, composed of UI Designers and Product Managers. Although the product team is independent, it participates in a product group together with our software engineering teams, to align and perform work on a per product basis. Most of the time, work is autonomous, however, constant online collaboration with others is expected over Slack, Zoom, and Google Meet.
What will you be doing?
As a Junior Content/UX writer, you will have the following function:
- Provide appropriate content to compliment the UI design and components that will ensure usability and reusability of the features being shipped (from buttons, to error messages to confirmation emails and sms)
- Participate in feature pitch discussions and strongly advocate for the consistency of the brand, product and user’s voice across all touch points
- Deliver the product’s message from the inside out and make sure that message is consistent, easy to understand, and in line with the goals of the product.
- Conducts user research and competitive research to aid their UX and Content strategy in producing UX copy for a world class product
- Responsible for testing the product for ease of use before it is rolled out to its end users
- Maintain a product overview for use as a guide by our internal staff
- Study and understand our products and determine the documentation needs of end users
- Maintain and participate in creation of style and content guides to help others learn to create their own documentation
Who you are?
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a UX/Content writer for technology products (technical writing, copy used in user interfaces, user guides, support articles)
- Has a strong understanding of good written communication standards and practice for online content, strong grasp of the English language (vocabulary and grammar)
- Understands technical details of how software works and how it can be used to the benefit of our users
- Knowledge and experience in using screenshot and imaging tools for annotation, or in making screencasts
- Knowledge and experience in using documentation and knowledge base software such as HelpScout
- Knowledge on concepts in telecom, cloud, IT, information security, and practices
- Can use tools for collaboration such as Git, Trello, Confluence
- Empathetic to users and has a high regard for a good customer experience
- Communicate ideas and concepts both in person and in written format
- Creative, willing to challenge assumptions, and willing to try new ideas
- Has an open, always learning, and resourceful mindset
- Excited to work with people in creating simple solutions to complex problems
What we offer?
- An environment of a sports team, that is there to coach each other while being performant. Work with people who want to create something, invent something, maintain it, and see it grow.
- A software engineering culture that strives to build high quality and better software.
- An organization of self-formed, autonomous teams, exploring and trying out solutions in a safe environment.
- A place for you to learn, practice, and develop yourself. A place for you to contribute to something meaningful.
- A front-seat at a fast growing, global company, with a lot of opportunities in software and technology with exposure in telecommunications and web.
- A good array of health and well-being incentives, to keep you healthy and balanced.
- An opportunity to work with some of the best and smartest people around.