Manager, Account Management (People Manager role) – Remote
Teikametrics - Company site
October 21, 2020
India / Remote
Teikametrics empowers enterprises and third-party sellers with the data, insights, and tools to build successful brands. Our passion is creating lifelong relationships through innovative software and world-class service. We are a diverse group of individuals who champion passion, character, and talent as the core tenets to creating profitable and long-lasting businesses.
We use data science to help Sellers & Brand owners optimize for profitability and are a leading Retail Optimization Platform (ROP) for sellers. Teikametrics optimizes billions of transactions for thousands of entrepreneurs around the world selling on Amazon and other marketplaces. Founded in 2012, Teikametrics uses proprietary econometrics and machine-learning data models packaged in a simple SaaS interface. We combine our best-in-class technology with coaching and support from our world-class team based in Boston, MA, and are now expanding our footprint to Bengaluru (India).
Leading sellers and brands such as Lego, Power Practical, Zipline Ski, and Mark Cuban’s Brands, gain a competitive advantage and view of trends and optimization strategies to tackle the dynamic nature of today’s eCommerce markets. For more information, please do visit our website https://www.teikametrics.com/
As part of our global expansion plans, we are setting up Account Management Operations (AMO) team in Bengaluru (India). The AMO team comprises Account Specialists and Account Managers who will work with a portfolio of advertisers and be responsible for helping them meet their advertising goals via account optimization across ad platforms such as Amazon and Walmart.
We are looking for a leader with a solid understanding of online advertising who can work and thrive in a fast pace environment and utilize their great communication, people management, and strategic thinking abilities to manage different verticals of the AMO team. This person is responsible for setting up and scaling account management operations, improve the performance of existing processes, lead and motivate a large team, liaise with Product and Engineering on product requirements and work effectively with cross-site teams across time zones and ensure that the strategic and tactical goals are met.
Core responsibilities include:
• Build, lead, and develop an account management operations team that provides managed services for advertisers across Amazon and Walmart.
• Create and implement scalable processes and tools that help to increase the performance of the account management teams.
• Apply analytical skills to help the advertisers in growing their existing business and develop new business opportunities.
• Have and promote customer obsession; ensure that our clients receive the highest level of account management services.
• Anticipate the needs of advertisers and deliver solutions to exceed their expectations
• Define success metrics that will help the team continuously improve advertising/optimization solutions.
• Deliver results against the revenue targets on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
• Build effective cross-functional relationships with key partners in sales, product management, and finance across multiple locations.
• Hire and mentor talent, groom and grow team members.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
There has never been a more exciting time to join Teikametrics, the leading Marketplace Optimization Platform. We’re building an operating system to optimize every aspect of a retailer’s business — from advertising to inventory to pricing. We optimize billions of transactions for thousands of entrepreneurs and brands around the world selling on Amazon and other marketplaces. The Teikametrics Marketplace Optimization Platform uses proprietary econometrics and machine-learning data models packaged in a simple SaaS interface. We combine our best in class technology with coaching and support from our world-class teams based remotely in Boston, MA, Seattle, WA, Bengaluru, India, and Tel Aviv, Israel. We are looking for team members who are values aligned, make impact to our mission, and thrive in our fast-growing organization.