Business Insights Analyst – Remote
We are a remote-first workforce because we Care Deeply about hiring the best talent and supporting the wellbeing of our people.
At the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, we leaned into the dual challenges of keeping our people safe and our business healthy. Shifting to work from home taught us how resilient, productive, and successful we are as remote workers.
Now we actively pursue remote hiring, onboarding, and employment. We are hiring remote positions in AL, AZ, CA, CO, FL, ID, IL, KY, MN, MO, NC, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, WA, and WI.
Who We're Looking For – Business Insights Analyst – The Penny Hoarder – Remote
The Penny Hoarder, a leading personal finance brand, is seeking a business insights analyst to provide key revenue, audience and competitive intelligence that drive our business. You’ll work closely with our teams in audience development, content, sales and media buying to surface key trends and opportunities to reach our growth goals.
You’ll work cross functionally to help TPH leadership and the broader Clearlink organization clearly understand the state of The Penny Hoarder brand and its key business drivers by translating data into decisions. This includes developing instrumentation to see the current and past states of the business clearly, mentoring teams to use data tools to serve customers, and performing analysis to help leadership make decisions about the future.
The Penny Hoarder currently averages 9-10 million monthly visitors and has more than 1.2 million email & SMS subscribers. We are based in St. Petersburg,
What You'll Do
- Track our performance in data sources such as Google Analytics, Tune/HasOffers (affiliate offers), media buying platforms, social platforms, Iterable (email), AHrefs, SimilarWeb and others
- Do market research and produce insights to help us get and stay ahead and to reach goals
- Maintain standing reporting, respond to data requests and drive new types of data reporting
- Offer recommendations based on data insights to better reach goals
- Help to inform content and audience growth strategies, including organic search, email, social, referrals and SMS
- Measure and report on paid media performance metrics, including return on ad spend, conversion rate, and cost per result
- Help us to drive revenue arising from paid and organic acquisition channels
- Build, scale and maintain dashboards, reports, and other data tools for Hire
- Build multifaceted reports using internal tools (that can be run in real time)
- Able to convert data and research into clear, concise proposals and presentation decks for stakeholders
- Document all data and reporting processes, and perform ad hoc research and analysis projects
- Perform statistical analysis of campaigns and other company initiatives as needed
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Content Marketing, Sales, Product, Engineering, Editorial and other teams to encourage data driven decision making around TPH
- Provide data tooling and analysis to expedite workflows, automate processes, and improve the precision of manual processes where needed
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of processes post-implementation to ensure continued efficacy and impact
What You Need
- 3+ years of being an analytics specialist, preferably for a content-based company and/or 2+ years of work experience in Data Analytics, Business Analysis, Marketing, Consulting, or related teams
- Bachelor's degree with quantitative coursework (e.g., Economics, Computer Science, Math, Finance, Engineering) or related practical experience
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, data visualization and digital analytics tools (Looker, Google Data Studio, etc.) and media monitoring tools (Similarweb)
- 2+ years experience with SQL and R a plus
- Some experience with big data platforms (Hadoop, GCP, AWS, BigQuery, Azure) preferred
- Experience with data modeling and schema design
- Distinctive problem solving and analysis skills, ability to distill sophisticated and diverse business problems into simple, effective solutions (commercial, operational, organizational)
- Strong understanding of statistical methods, A/B testing, and test design
- Client service mentality, adaptability and ability to collaborate openly with other functions
- Project management skills and experience with process evaluation and design preferred
In addition to the competitive pay and a healthy work/life integration, Clearlink offers industry-leading benefits to support you both inside and outside of the workplace. Some of the benefits include:
- An award-winning wellness program with a path to have 100% of healthcare premiums paid in full (over 80% of employees have 90%-100% of their premiums covered by Clearlink)
- 401K matching, tuition reimbursement, dedicated budget for conferences and certifications training/certification opportunities
- Annual Trip of a Lifetime winners from each department that get to choose anywhere in the world to visit, and everyone in the larger group of finalists get a consolation prize of a week in a tropical paradise like Hawaii, Jamaica, or Mexico
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Paid sabbaticals for 5 year and 10 year work anniversaries
Everyone is a part; no one is apart. Ours is a community for everyone. We embrace diversity in experience, identity, and perspective, not only to help each of us learn and grow, but also to expand the capabilities of our business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.