Customer Success Manager [Distributed – Toronto]
We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Does the idea of helping innovative thought leaders grow successful businesses through education excite you? Are you passionate about creating a seamless customer experience? Do you tend to dream big right alongside your customers and do whatever it takes to get them to their goals? At Thinkific, we’re fanatical about customer success—and we’d love to have you contribute to an amazing end-to-end experience for our course creators.
As a Customer Success Manager, you’ll be the first point of contact for our most valued customers, acting as a product expert and champion for our Thinkific Plus partners. You’ll give them a hand with everything from setting up their sites, to teaching them how Thinkific can solve their problems and supporting them as they expand their businesses online. You will ensure our customers always experience unparalleled support throughout their entire journey with Thinkific!
In this role, you will:
- Help new customers “learn the ropes” (which includes a mix of discussing and understanding their business strategies as well as technical implementation)
- Ensure the ongoing needs of customers are met by supporting them in their use of Thinkific
- Conduct one-on-one or group training sessions with customers
- Liaise with the Sales team for a seamless customer transition through onboarding
- Encourage product adoption
- Make personalized recommendations to customers and guide them towards successful use of our product by adding or proving value
- Accept, interpret and dive deep to solve technical questions (with assistance from our support and engineering teams when necessary)
- Restructure and negotiate custom pricing agreements (when required)
- Collect feedback and act as the voice of the customer—you’ll advocate for their needs first and work closely with our Product Managers to scope out future features
- Act as the first point of contact for your high tier accounts in emergencies (that occasionally happen on evenings and weekends)
- Have the opportunity to work closely with some of our influencers and partners to build relationships and develop value-added programs alongside our marketing team!
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 2+ years in an account manager or customer success role, preferably in a B2B SaaS environment
- Be proactive and eager to help—you’re only happy when your customers are happy!
- Be unafraid to go above and beyond your general range of duties to ensure success (you’ve never said “that’s not my job!”)
- Possess high levels of empathy and patience
- Have some basic technical knowledge common to SaaS
- Be a strong communicator both written and verbal
- Be comfortable with task switching and have no problems being flexible with your time—every day brings new challenges and you love solving them
- Have an uncanny ability to notice trends and foresee issues—then proactively act to make improvements where necessary
- Be detail-oriented and have some experience with project management
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are comfortable managing customer expectations through good times (and bad)
- Have an understanding of the SaaS model and are comfortable explaining it to others
- Have experience working in multidisciplinary teams and enjoy working cross-functionally
- Possess a keen eye for detail- you’ll always double-check your work to dot your i’s and cross your t’s!
- Know how to effectively plan and organize your day so you never miss a beat
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience in the Education/LMS field
- Have experience translating technical jargon to non-technical jargon and back again
- Have a technical background- you’re comfortable working with technical and non-technical people
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can't wait to meet you!