Outbound Sales Representative (for pooling)
We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Team
The Customer Support team at Thumbtack is well versed in handling a multitude of customer questions and situations. The team is composed of positive and dedicated individuals who are committed to understanding how we can continue to provide an exceptional, seamless customer experience. As we continue to grow in this marketplace, we are expanding our efforts in the outbound outreach sector. We are on the forefront of the in-product recovery experience with our proactive agents and are looking forward to continued success with these initiatives.
About the Role
Thumbtack is looking to bring on team members to help with various outbound initiatives that will encourage a better sense of engagement from our customers. This team will be supporting the broader customer experience organization in these initiatives and will have a significant impact on the success of them. Each team member will have a multitude of resources available to them to make sure they are set up for success. Being that this time is on the front lines of these new initiatives, they will have an opportunity for learnings and insights that will be substantial in building out these various projects in the future.
- Utilize internal tools, cold calling, and email to generate new sales opportunities
- Identify customer’s needs and suggest appropriate service
- Resolve concerns of customers through SMS, chat, and e-mail
- Create an effortless and great customer experience by focusing on providing solutions to concerns
- Use all relevant resources and knowledge centers in addressing various user concerns
- Gather feedback about the platform, tools, and processes that will help improve the overall customer/Pro experience
- Contribute as a team member by engaging in coaching sessions, team meetings, team building activities, and other team and company events
- Demonstrate accountability by meeting/exceeding monthly productivity, quality, customer satisfaction, and resolution rate targets and finding ways to improve KPIs, guidelines, and processes
- Uphold the values of Thumbtack
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 2+ years BPO experience in inbound or outbound sales
- Excellent English communication (verbal, writing, and email writing) skills
- You understand that your highest priority is facilitating and closing sales
- You are resilient – Rejection is something that pushes you to work harder and smarter
- You see the big picture – You’re proactive in anticipating challenges and quick to come up with ideas to resolve those challenges
- Strong problem-solving skills – You're resourceful and will know our product so well that you really understand what the customer needs; solution-oriented
- Have a collaborative attitude to share techniques and success with the team
- Experience in high call volume sales
- Excellent aptitude for research, navigation, and investigation
- Willingness to work during the day, mid or graveyard shift, and rotating rest days
- Experience working in different channels (email, chat, phone) or any similar industry
- Marketing or advertising sales experience
- Software sales experience
- Salesforce experience
- Google Suite experience
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.