Software Engineer, Python (Mexico/Remote)
Come join our growing team! You will have the opportunity to work in a collaborative and creative environment where your ideas matter.
Trakstar is seeking a Mexico-based Software Engineer (Python) to contribute to the next phase of growth with our company’s brands and product portfolio. The ideal candidate for this critical position will contribute high quality software and engineering expertise as a technical leader with our talented engineering group. Your contributions will focus on a key project that unifies our SaaS products.
This position reports to the Director, Software Engineering and collaborates with senior leadership from the product and engineering departments.
What we do:
Trakstar is a best-in-class, unified human capital management solution that supports mid-market companies to attract, retain, and grow their employee workforce. With almost two decades of experience providing unique employee management solutions, Trakstar is an end-to-end platform offering seamless applicant tracking, training, and performance solutions. In this ever-changing and remote work environment, the demand for Trakstar is growing and we are looking for employees to help scale our existing organization.
Our company mission is to uplevel employee performance from hire to retire, because we believe people are happier and healthier when they know their work matters. We are serving thousands of clients around the globe. At Trakstar, we hire only the best people – individuals who impress their prospects and clients with their industry knowledge of best practices and with insights into how Trakstar’s ever-expanding employee management tools can help their businesses grow and scale.
What you’ll do:
The team you will join focuses on delivering high quality (low escaped defects), well tested (Cypress/Selenium automation framework with focus on unit test coverage), secure (scanned and verified), scalable (AWS, but hardware isn’t the answer), software that delivers exceptional experiences for our clients. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company, be part of an excellent team, architect solutions to complex problems, and deliver valuable features where clean code matters.
- Build subject matter expertise on your team’s code base and platform.
- Write clean, production-ready code that is easily understood and well tested.
- Do no harm and leave it better than you found it when refactoring components.
- Be a teammate, communicate well, show up when expected, and be available.
- Write secure code. Avoid introducing an OWASP vulnerability. Learn how APIs are secured, sessions are handled, and data is validated properly.
- Work in an agile development model and participate in sprint planning activities to break down epics, estimate accurately and consistently.
- Look for and surface dependencies that can create technical challenges, bottlenecks, or otherwise inhibit deliveries.
- Build reliable observability; monitor and log alerts to ensure the team is aware of, and can respond to, quality issues or outages.
- Help other teammates resolve problems or bugs in the code. Be available and responsive.
- Foster an excellent engineering culture based in trust, accountability, character, and honesty.
- Seek feedback and deliver constructive criticism (e.g., code reviews) in a tactful and empathetic manner; build others up and mentor without ego.
- Be proactive in moving to new cards/stories and contributing to the team’s forward momentum.
- Participate and hold code reviews to ensure high quality deliveries.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience. Emphasis in engineering, data science, computer science or information systems is preferred.
- Have a minimum of 2 years of software engineering experience developing SaaS applications.
- Experience with Django and Python a must. Exposure with React.js, Redux, webpack is a plus.
- Experience with Cloud providers, AWS preferred (RDS, EC2, RDS, Security Groups, CloudWatch, Ops tools, etc.).
- Knowledge of Git source control, versioning/branching, rebasing, etc.
- Knowledge of code coverage and unit testing frameworks.
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs, secure sessions, identity and access management providers (OAuth, SAML, etc.).
- Experienced with database queries, SQL, optimization and tuning (MySQL, Postgres etc.).
- Knowledge of caching systems (Redis, Memcache, Elasticache).
- Familiar with queueing systems (SQS, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, etc.).
Our Technology Stack:
- Python: Django, uWSGI, Celery
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Flexible work hours
- Vacation days and holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 13th month Christmas bonus
Trakstar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.