Software Developer – Business Insights – Java, SQL, Python
Who you are
You are a smart, technically minded software developer who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and can pick things up quickly. You can hit the ground running and be comfortable to take over complete ownership of data and business insights for the Company.
With experience developing functional programming or JVM languages, Python or SQL, you are able to use your experience to work with our data independently from the TravelTime development team and are able to develop tools, processes, BI interfaces on your own from scratch.
This role is a mix of analysing data and also building the platforms for this analysis. As part of this role, you would be expected to write a program to create data extractions & manipulations with any programming language that you are comfortable with, ie JVM languages, such as Java, Python, SQL, etc. As such this would suit a Developer, happy to work in a ‘standalone’ role, rather than a data analyst.
We have lots and lots of data – from client data, to inbound leads, to usage stats to server capacities and so on. Our data is stored in many different places/systems/databases and you will be able to make tools and processes to collect all this data and turn it into useful and relevant information for us, so we can then use it to make business decisions. You will be key to our next phase of scaling, as you will help us answer some crucial questions that we do not know the answer to right now.
Who we are
TravelTime are a VC-backed B2B technology company and creators of the TravelTime API which allows users to search and analyse location data by travel time, instead of distance.
The breadth of use cases for TravelTime is enormous, but they can roughly be broken down into two categories:
- SEARCH – these clients use TravelTime to sort and rank results by travel time when a user searches on their website (think property sites, job sites, hotel booking sites, dating apps etc). We are fundamentally changing how location search works, and already having a massive impact on our clients’ conversions.
- ANALYTICS – these clients use TravelTime to beef up the capabilities of their internal analytics and business intelligence teams (think access to public services, office relocations, sales territories, and much more). Up to 80% of business intelligence data has a geographic element, and we help our clients make better decisions with this data.
You can see our technology at work in our demo app here, or on a live client site here.
We have 35 employees in the UK, Lithuania, Netherlands and Poland and we process over a billion requests per month for over 100 clients globally. We recently raised over £3 million in investment and now we’re looking to significantly expand our team. In addition to search, TravelTime have built a number of integrations into other third-party technologies that allow our clients to use the power of TravelTime analytics right where they need it. We have also engaged with world leading technology partners, giving us a healthy forecast and user base for 2021.
- Experience developing functional programming or JVM languages, Python or SQL.
- Using ETL technology, writing SQL to transform the data into useful metrics.
- Knowledge of analytic software/databases with an ability to create analytical reports.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent Excel / SQL skills, together with data visualisation skills to present insights in an easily digestible and impactful manner.
- The ability to proactively manage your own work stream and push your ideas and projects forward autonomously
- Excellent communication skills to challenge, debate and refine ideas.
It’s a bonus if: You have a working knowledge of Scala / Stitch / Zoho Analytics / 3Scale
What we offer:
The TravelTime Culture – where work/life balance gets more than lip-service.
- Flexitime – At TravelTime we strive to be an organisation who empower employees to be judged by their output, not their hours. We work on the basis of autonomy and trust. We set and measure objectives, both individual and team based, which we believe creates better output than working to rigid leave patterns.
- People First – At TravelTime we focus on the People Agenda and are proud that our colleagues and managers support our staff to be the best that they can be with structured CPD’s and training budgets with Friday afternoons dedicated to personal development projects.
Other TravelTime benefits
- Share options.
- Gym membership/Self improvement budget.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Learning and development platform licences.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- An extra day off for your birthday, on us!
- Opportunity to work remotely with laptop and personal office equipment provided.
- We still have offices available, for staff who prefer to work away from home.
- Company-sponsored lunches, away days and celebrations with team gatherings in our Kaunas (Lithuania) office up to 3 times a year.
- Dynamic, fun, entrepreneurial work environment – we aren’t afraid of hard work, and we are passionate about what we do.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be part of our talented team, we would love to hear from you. We accept applications from EU and UK residents.
Direct applications only, no agencies please.