Senior International Tax Accountant
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior International Tax Accountant.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
As a Senior International Tax Accountant, you will work closely with a first class Tax Team on a range of corporate tax areas including tax compliance, tax advisory , transfer pricing and ad-hoc project work. You will get broad exposure across the business while liaising with multiple teams across Finance and beyond as the Tax Team supports global expansion and M&A activity to enable Twilio’s rapid growth in a tax efficient and compliant manner.
In this role, you’ll:
- Coordinate the preparation and review of global corporate tax filings with outside advisors to ensure accurate reporting, including the preparation of working papers and supporting documentation.
- Assist with the quarterly US tax accounting effort
- Partner with key stakeholders around the world to integrate new business acquisitions into Twilio’s business model in a tax efficient manner
- Support the business in assessing opportunities to expand the existing business model into new global markets
- Ensure timely preparation of transfer pricing documentation including collaborating with colleagues and external advisers as well as monitoring implementation of transfer pricing policies.
- Assist with the management of tax audits as they arise
- Assist with internal projects from a tax perspective
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
Twilio is looking for a key contributor who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record in tax issues and compliance. They also have:
- 2+ years of international income tax experience in the regions of EMEA, APAC and/or LATAM
- Strong accounting, Excel and Access skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and interested in performing deep-dive analyses to extract insights from data
- Self-driven; Initiative to solve problems and deal well with ambiguity
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and to cope with changing priorities.
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis on accounting or finance
- Qualified Chartered Tax Adviser/Consultant and/or Chartered Accountant
This role will be remote and can be based in Ireland, Poland, Spain, Colombia, UK, or other approved locations in EMEA or LATAM.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.