Senior Manager, GTM Finance
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is rapidly expanding our global business, and is seeking a Sr. Manager, Go-To-Market Finance to join our Finance team. This role will help track the investments fueling Twilio's GTM strategy, focusing on our Global Revenue organization. We need a true business partner in this role – someone who will be a trusted advisor to the CRO and broader Sales Leadership team. You will create an analytical framework to better evaluate the business, develop proactive solutions to help GTM leadership optimize revenue outcomes, and drive continued efficiencies to allow for reinvestment into more productive areas.
This will be a highly visible role, partnering with the CRO and Regional GMs, as well as broader GTM leadership, to support their operations, as you work to optimize commercial decision-making, budgeting, and reporting on core financial metrics. Beyond your partnership with the Revenue organization, you will work cross-functionally with the regional GTM Finance teams to report key metrics and findings.
The role will involve business partnering, ad-hoc analysis and special projects requiring detailed modeling to drive decision-making of senior leadership. You will collaborate with the broader Corporate FP&A and Accounting team on crafting Twilio’s consolidated P&L, align with Talent Leadership to drive hiring, implement process improvements, generate budget vs actual analysis, and complete other ad hoc projects.
Twilio is looking for an individual who lives the Twilio Magic and is excited to bring their strong financial and analytical skills to a collaborative team-based working environment. We seek someone who has:
- 6+ years of experience in a progressive financial role, preferably in a high growth SaaS environment.
- Expert skill level with analytical tools (e.g. Excel, Anaplan, Tableau).
- Deep understanding of P&L components, unit economics, and common SaaS metrics ● Strong communication & analytical skills; experience presenting to C-level or equivalent leadership
- Experience functioning across a matrixed organization, building and working with regional P&Ls, and implementing new process
- Possesses a strong knowledge of GAAP, month-end close processes, operational accounting procedures, and financial reporting
- Excels at juggling multiple priorities, is eager to make an impact on the business, and motivated and able to collaborate across teams to tackle complex problems
- Background in GTM or Sales strategy is a plus
As a Sr. Manager, GTM Finance you will:
- DRAW THE OWL: Be a representative / voice of Finance to GTM departments and continuously develop efficient reporting tools to support decision-making. Provide analytical support to GTM leadership and drive ad-hoc cross-functional projects.
- WRITE IT DOWN & EMPOWER OTHERS: Create and operationalize the Regional GTM P&Ls, with clear rules of engagement that empower GTM leadership and drive accountability through the organization.
- BE AN OWNER: Establish proactive processes and reports for tracking and providing real-time visibility on P&L dynamics and budgets by working with business partners in GTM, Accounting and Corp FP&A.
- DON’T SETTLE AND BE BOLD: Advise senior leadership on overall workforce strategy within GTM. Identify potential optimizations across the functions and roles to improve expense ratio efficiency.
Twilio is a complex, high-growth, and quickly evolving business. The Finance team is central to Twilio’s decision-making process and the GTM Finance team guides company investment decisions to maintain Twilio as the platform to fuel the future of communications. As the Sr. Manager, GTM Finance, your ability to identify and communicate trends, opportunities and problems–and more importantly, recommend a course of action–will play a critical role in charting Twilio’s future.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $120,832 – $166,144
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $105,728 – $145,376
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks