Senior Manager, R&D Finance
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Sr. Manager, R&D Finance
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Sr. Finance Manager to join the R&D Finance team. This position is needed to lead a team of talented finance professionals and manage R&D finance initiatives in partnership with product managers, product marketers, sales leadership, product operations and the rest of Twilio’s Finance team. You will help to build and evaluate strategic product decisions for the business, driving cost competitiveness as well as investment strategies. More tactically, you will be responsible for overseeing the short and long range planning, target setting and evaluating investment opportunities for the largest product line within Twilio.
In this role, you’ll:
- Partner with Product Management on pricing and overall economics for new products, features or bundles.
- Support senior leadership in financial analysis of strategic partnerships and M&A opportunities. Serve as the right-hand person to the R&D leadership, by translating analysis into recommended action plans.
- Efficiently and effectively communicate findings and progress to key stakeholders. Be a representative / voice of Finance to management.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve, scale, and simplify finance tools and reporting across teams; develop scalable and efficient financial processes that support the business.
- Lead a team of talented Senior Financial Analysts and or Managers dedicated to specific product lines.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.
- 7+ years of relevant analytical and management experience in Tech / SaaS Product Finance, FP&A or technology investing (VC/PE/fund).
- Strong communication; experience presenting to C-level and Senior Leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and in a matrix environment.
- Exceptional analytical skills and clear thinking; experience building scalable models and processes.
- Demonstrated track of record in product revenue forecasting, margin analysis, and pricing exposure.
- Fluent understanding of Product P&L dynamics, unit economics, and common SaaS metrics.
Experience working cross-functionally with product management, engineering, sales teams
This role will be flexible depending on the candidate (remote US or based in US office)
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Location dependent information
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $105,728 – $166,144
Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.