Senior Manager, Business Development & Partnerships
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Our Emerging Businesses team is responsible for strategizing and implementing new lines of business within Upwork. We do this through a combination of product development, partnerships and business development opportunities.
Specifically, we are looking for a self-starter, who will be tasked with helping define strategies for our emerging business unit through the use of data and analytics, build business cases for new partnerships and products, evaluate opportunities in the market and partner with product management, engineering, design, legal and finance to build out these new business opportunities. The Sr. Manager of Business Development and Partnerships will set up the systems and processes to effectively evaluate new lines of business, their revenue potential and ability to scale within our overall portfolio of products and services at Upwork.
- Drive strategic business decisions through data and analytics and market research
- Assist in the development of ad-hoc analysis, reports, presentations, and special projects for senior leadership
- Partner with finance, product management, engineering and other functions to identify business opportunities and execute on implementation
- Think proactively about strategic opportunities across Upwork’s ecosystem and in the market at large
- Track industry trends and use those to constantly evolve our strategy for business development and partnerships
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Demonstrated experience analyzing markets, businesses and trends
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to generate insights and action plans from data
- Experience in analysis and presentation of results in a clear and effective manner
- Excellent communication skills including interfacing with potential partners and customers
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects / responsibilities
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.