Senior Manager, Marketing Operations
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
Upwork’s Lifecycle Marketing team is responsible for developing and executing multi-channel marketing campaigns that grow the use of our work marketplace by both independent talent and clients. The team is focused on using technology to create impactful and personalized experiences across email, push notifications, sms, and within the platform at scale. We’re all in on evolving how we market to talent and clients, and the Senior Manager, Lifecycle Marketing Operations will be joining at a pivotal time to lead the team responsible for collaborating with cross-functional partners on campaigns and creating efficient processes to help us scale. This role will report into the Director, Lifecycle Marketing. We have ambitious plans to create a world class customer experience and this role has the opportunity to shape the customer experience for independent professionals and clients.
- Develop and implement a prioritization framework, roadmap, and process to manage our request intake queue, determining which stakeholder requests the team should support
- Utilize data from previous campaigns and best practices to recommend changes to stakeholder campaigns that are likely to increase performance, and therefore business goals
- Become a strong customer-centric advocate for our audience to ensure the best customer experience across our channels
- Collaborate with internal partners to support the rollout of campaigns and processes that ensure success, with a focus on continuous improvement, efficiency, and operational excellence
- Work with independent professionals to manage daily operations of the email marketing channel, including the execution and deployment of email campaigns
- Obsess over the performance of the channels and share out results with leadership and cross-functional partners
What it takes to catch our eye:
- A background in working with marketing teams that create impactful email marketing campaigns, deep understanding of campaign analysis, processes, and multi-channel experience
- Experience in Operations, Program Management, Lifecycle or equivalent, working with cross-functional stakeholders at a company in the staffing industry, a marketplace company, or for a large brand
- Experience using a modern ESP such as Braze and strong working knowledge of email marketing best practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative relationship building style
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.