Director of Human Resources – II
Imagine working on a global communication network that’s used by 3.7 billion people – and every day sending more than a quarter trillion messages. There’s just one problem: even in today’s modern world, this network is highly vulnerable. Phishing attacks – email impersonation fraud – runs rampant, costing companies billions of dollars each year. Whether it’s from wire fraud, W-2 thefts, or targeted attacks to steal data or company IP, companies have been largely ineffective trying to protect themselves. Until now.
Valimail offers the most comprehensive and effective solution for stopping fake email, protecting brands, and helping ensure compliance. Valimail is the number one anti-phishing solution for Microsoft 365 environment, , has won over a dozen prestigious cybersecurity awards, and counts some of the world's biggest companies as customers, including Fannie Mae, CNN,, Phillips, Yelp, and the U.S. Agency for International Development.
We are currently seeking an experienced Human Resources Director to join the HR team. The ideal candidate has demonstrated success in building a high-performance personnel infrastructure, enabling and empowering Valimial employees to maximize their skills and career objectives to deliver maximum business value. This individual will have a proven track record in helping to create open and transparent corporate cultures with a focus on building trust – both from the bottom up as well as the top down. This individual will also be responsible for ensuring cultural consistency across several remote offices as well as with a variety of freelancers – and in guiding high-impact discussions and outcomes across a diverse team.
· 10-15 years of progressive people operations leadership experience in high growth startups or entrepreneurial environments.
· Previous experience supporting executive team members in a rapidly scaling startup or entrepreneurial environment.
· Broad exposure in building and supporting cultures and management; executive and employee relations; learning and development; operations; coaching, and succession planning
· A high level of emotional intelligence and the ability to build trust
· Excellent judgment and tact, including the ability to successfully communicate challenging messages directly and with grace under difficult situations.
· Ability to influence through strong personal integrity, honest and supportive relationships, professional expertise, and data/analysis
· Thrive in a climate of reasonable ambiguity accompanied with a high level of personal autonomy
· A combination of both interpersonal and analytical skills
· Superior written and oral communication skills
ABOUT THE ROLE
· Report directly to the VP of People, with P & L responsibility for the People function
· Create, lead, and be responsible for the company culture and highly effective interpersonal interactions starting with the Executive team, and propagating the core values and beliefs throughout the company
· Ensure that Valimail creates an innovative, effective and inclusive work culture, with the overarching goal of implementing initiatives that retain and grow the best talent for our organization
· Be a strategic partner to the leadership team and develop practices and plans that will support the company’s culture and business objectives
· Establish credibility throughout the organization as an effective listener and problem-solver
· Strong familiarity with HR best practices, as well as legal, compliance and culture issues
· Flexibility as a leader who can operate at a highly strategic level, but can also perform tactical HR-related duties for the company
· Implement a world-class L&D program
· Create a career development platform so that employees have the opportunity and path to grow within their area of expertise
Valimail offers a comprehensive solution for stopping fake email, protecting brands, and helping ensure compliance. We’ve already stopped billions of malicious emails from being delivered, won over a dozen prestigious cybersecurity awards, and count some of the world's biggest companies as customers, including Fannie Mae, Uber, WeWork, Yelp, and the U.S. Agency for International Development.