Sr. CRM Marketing Specialist (Remote Position)
Varsity Tutors is seeking a versatile Senior CRM Marketing Specialist focused on Retention and Email Marketing to help manage, enhance, and develop the company’s customer acquisition and monetization strategies. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, highly analytical, results-oriented, have a strong bias for action, and be intellectually curious. The Senior CRM Marketing Specialist is responsible for audience segmentation, developing and executing campaigns, analyzing results, and campaign optimization.
About Varsity Tutors:
Varsity Tutors, a Nerdy Company, is the leading direct-to-consumer, curated gig economy platform for live online learning benefiting both learners and experts. We have built a comprehensive online learning destination that enables the delivery of scaled high-quality live expertise for learners of all ages across thousands of subjects and multiple learning formats through the application of technology and AI. We've raised $107M million in venture capital from TCV, Learn Capital, and the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative. We also recently announced that Nerdy, the parent company of Varsity Tutors, plans to go public via a SPAC with TPG Pace Tech Opportunities later this year, with a $1.7 billion market valuation.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proven track record of working at the strategic and tactical level to develop and execute innovative Customer Retention Marketing initiatives including personalized / segmented communications, campaigns and promotions.
- Solid understanding of CRM and experience with CRM strategy
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills; Advanced Excel and basic SQL experience is preferred.
- Experience working with and implementing product, tech and data teams for database marketing, data / tech requirements gathering and driving integration with CRM technologies.
- Experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success.
- Experience in developing creative/content assets for emails, SMS, & website personalization
- Deep and abiding love for figuring out how things work, then relentlessly testing and optimizing to drive desired outcomes.
- Creative and technically inclined with a bias for scaling programs through algorithmic and automated solutions.
- Experience managing and driving multiple sophisticated projects and competing priorities simultaneously.
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems with an extreme attention to detail.
- Thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced environment where tactical initiatives are driven.
- Bonus points for strategic development and management of demand generation, lead management, channel development, and product/market segmentation strategies.
- This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
- Create, optimize, and evolve retention strategies to keep clients and convert prospects
- Improves the customer experience and drives core business objectives at each stage of the customer journey through email marketing with the end goal of customer data acquisition and purchase participation.
- Coordinates the design and execution of email communications in cooperation and alignment with the marketing services, brand definition and experience, and planning and strategy teams, as well as team members from each individual business unit as applicable.
- Create strategies to strengthen our relationship with our customer segments throughout their lifecycle by driving high-value behaviors, reducing churn and increasing lifetime value
- Define, pilot, and rapidly iterate initiatives, with an understanding and strategic view of all internal/external variables to retain and delight our customers
- Drive learning and optimization of funnel through experimentation, creative iteration, and A/B testing.
- Pull data, analyze, and communicate results. Pivot or shift approaches when necessary in response to what you learn.
- When needed, collaborate with design, marketing, engineering, and BI teams.
- Once retention channels are proven, work with engineering to optimize, scale, and automate.
- Can own retention and marketing programs end-to-end, including integrating with third-party APIs.
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Company Plan
- Remote Position, fully work from home (or wherever you like!)
- Flexible PTO plus a floating holiday
- Paid VTO (“volunteer time off” to do community service/charity work)
- 52 hours of Free Learning Sessions per year for you or immediate families members and free access to our Virtual School Day classes and School@Home program
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to help revolutionize how the world learns!
- Fun, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment with plenty of training and a feedback rich culture
Varsity Tutors is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. (INDHP)