Partner Marketing Manager
There are 2 actors on a network, people and machines. Just as usernames and passwords are used by people to access machines, machine identities are used by machines to identify and access each other. Venafi is the inventor of the technology that manages and protects machine identities, the most important security initiative in our Global 5000 customers. We are Warriors!
Are you passionate about making a positive impact and protecting the world from cybercriminals? If so, you may be a natural Venafi Warrior!
How you’ll be protecting the world:
Our mission is simple: we want to set people free to do meaningful work. People love our products–and it turns out that people love working here too. If you are exceptional at what you do, then you deserve an exceptional place to work. And that’s what Venafi is.
You’ll work in one of the strongest product marketing groups, within an organization that believes in and supports a progressive view of product marketing and empowers it with influence and authority. As the Venafi Partner Marketing Manager, you will serve as the Marketing focal point for strategic partnerships in the Venafi Technology Partner Network. You are the nexus for developing joint go-to-market plans in collaboration with strategic technology partners, facilitating execution across teams, and measuring performance to goals. As a strategic thinker, you understand how to communicate unique positioning to the market and work closely with the Venafi Corporate and Business Development team and 3rd party technology partners. We want someone who can craft compelling messaging, joint marketing strategies, content, and tools that will be used for sales and channel enablement, demand generation, thought leadership, and contribute to pipeline development.
To be successful in this role, you must possess strong marketing and communications skills, as well as a strong understanding of enterprise software, complex IT environments and evolving security technologies. Deep understanding of PKI, cryptography and encryption a plus. These skills will fuel your ability to be a key evangelist and story-teller, demonstrating the value that a joint relationship with Venafi provides. Moving and thinking rapidly with an attention to detail and a sharp eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into solution benefits is crucial.
You must be comfortable working closely with a cross-functional team including sales, sales engineering, product management, services, and marketing, as well as with prospects, customers, and partners. You must be self-motivated, proactive and comfortable working in a fast-pasted, dynamic environment. The position is based in the US and reports to the Director of Product Marketing.
- Develop joint go-to-market plans in collaboration strategic technology partners, driving cross team and organization execution, and measuring performance of plans
- Craft compelling messaging and positioning that helps buyers understand the joint value and advantages received by a Venafi and 3rd technology partner offering
- Translate messaging into meaningful and contextual benefits that feed into the development of creative presentations, demonstrations, collateral, blogs, white papers, and positioning documents
- Develop sales plays and enablement assets focused on helping internal, field sales teams, and channel partners understand target markets, buyer personas, pains points, and key messages
- Drive cross-functional launches, coordinating the efforts of partners, product management, engineering, sales, marketing, PR, content and operations
- Gather and analyze competitive data to understand and create content that demonstrates a compelling and unique joint offering
- Identify and execute strategic programs to drive further market penetration
- Act as an evangelist to market influencers, industry analysts, prospects, and customers at tradeshows, industry events, and conferences
- 5 – 7 years of experience on high-performing product marketing teams, specifically in partner marketing
- Strong persuasive writing skills with the ability to succinctly articulate value propositions to multiple audiences across multiple buyer journey stages while aligned with company positioning
- High intellectual curiosity combined with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to continuously find newer and better ways to get things done
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to visualize, articulate, conceptualize and solve both simple and complex problems in order to improve overall business results
- Strong ability to embrace, enhance and drive product positioning to achieve strong positioning adoption and market traction
- Experienced at successfully multi-tasking a variety of critical priorities.
- Demonstrated success in driving go-to-market strategy and launches for market-leading products.
- Experience influencing and managing cross-functional teams.
- Self-starter who is experienced in successfully taking a project from concept to execution.
- Strong project/program management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into easy to consume business value.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Enterprise security software experience required
- PKI/Cryptographic experience preferred
- DevOps experience a plus
- MBA or equivalent preferred, BA/BS required
- This position requires approximately 20% travel
While you are busy protecting the world, we’ve got you covered!
In addition to fostering a work environment with strong work from anywhere ethic, Venafi offers a benefits package that is in the top 1%. We provide 100% employer-paid premiumsfor both team members and their families. That includes health, dental, and vision insurance. YES, REALLY! We offer four weeks of PTO (Paid Time Off), eleven holidays, and four “pick your own community service” days. We also offer 401(k) and company matching, company HSA contribution, 2x salary employer-paid life insurance, and parental leave. We even offer pet insurance!
More About Venafi:
Venafi is the undisputed leader in Machine Identity Management. Why? Because we created the category and are light years ahead of anyone that would consider competing! Gartner has recognized Venafi as number one in our space and as it turns out, one is NOT the loneliest number!
Venafi is the inventor of the technology that secures and protects machine identities. The Venafi platform provides visibility, intelligence, and automation for SSL/TLS, IoT, mobile, cloud native, Kubernetes, and SSH machine identity types. Many of the largest organizations in the world use Venafi.
Billions of dollars have been spent protecting usernames and passwords and almost nothing managing machine identities—organizations are just now realizing that managing and protecting machine identities is as important as managing usernames and passwords. The bad guys know this and are using stolen or forged machine identities in their cyberattacks. In fact, Gartner says 50% of network attacks will use machine identities.
Come help us protect the world!