Senior Customer Support Manager
Wagestream is on a mission to bring better financial wellbeing to frontline workers.
We partner with some of the world’s most famous employers, like Halfords, The Co-op, Pizza Express and the UK’s National Health Service, to give their teams access to fairer financial services – all built around flexible pay. Almost a million people can now choose how often they’re paid, track their shifts and earnings, start saving, use budgeting tools, get free financial coaching, and access fairer financial products. All in one financial wellbeing super-app.
Wagestream is unique: VC-backed and growing at scale-up pace, but with a social conscience. The UK’s leading financial charities and impact funds were our founding investors, and we operate on a social charter – which means every product we build has to improve financial health and reduce the $5.6bn ‘premium’ lower-income earners pay for financial services each year.
You’d be joining a team of 200 passionate, ambitious people, growing in Europe, Australia and the USA, building a category-leading fintech product and all united by that same mission.
We are looking for a proven support leader to join one of our newest satellite offices to build out a team that will offer a more focused approach, working directly with our clients. The Customer Support team is in a unique position within Wagestream, working as a global department and servicing markets across the UK, the United States, Australia, and Spain.
About Customer Support
The Customer Support team is responsible for rolling out the red carpet when employees use Wagestream to access their wages; from their first login through their entire end-user experience. Our team sits in the heart of Wagestream, supporting and maintaining relationships with Wagestream clients and their colleagues. Working together with our Commercial, Delivery, and Engineering teams, we deliver exceptional service for our clients in the pursuit of bringing Wagestream to as many employees as possible. No two days are the same and we like it that way!
Senior Customer Support Managers are responsible for:
- Setting future strategy, planning and execution of transformational plans to build a best in class end-to-end customer practice.
- Developing and maintaining protocols, guidelines, & documentation as well as overseeing the onboarding of new hires with the intent of setting them and the team up for success.
- Effectuating quality and customer service standards, analyzing and resolving quality and customer service issues, and recommending system improvements.
- Relying on your exceptional track record in team management to create and maintain a positive, open, and welcoming environment for the team with the Wagestream Core Values always at the forefront.
- Working closely with the customer support team and cross-functionally with other departments to ensure we create and deliver effective, efficient, and meaningful support experiences for our customers.
You could be great for this role if you:
- Have previous experience in technical customer support
- Have used customer service software in previous employment (Intercom, Zendesk, Salesforce, etc.)
- Can maintain focus in a rapidly growing and changing start-up environment
- Have a track record in successful management of teams, and of nurturing an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment
- Have exceptional listening skills to be able to understand, empathise and resolve issues
Bonus points if you have:
- Intermediate experience with SQL
- Financial technology or banking experience
We will require you to work in the office full time initially, with flexibility to be offered once the team is up and running.
£44,000 to 60,000 GBP + benefits
- You’ll receive £250 “home office allowance” to buy anything to get your home office comfortable
- State of the art, brand new equipment – from Apple MacBook Pros, 34″ curved monitors and Wagestream Swag!
- We’ll help you manage your busy lifestyle with flexible working opportunities; most of the team work “core hours” to allow touchpoints with their team, but we also make sure you have the time to pick the kids up at 3pm, or go for that mid-morning run to boost your productivity. We want you to have the best of both worlds
- We offer 25 days annual leave in addition to public holidays (up to 5 day rollover), as well as flexible time off allowances for any ad-hoc childcare/family/caring needs
- We offer 12 weeks paid maternity leave and up to 4 weeks paid paternity leave for employees with over 12 months service
- We want to invest in you financially, so we have a pension scheme with Aviva
- If you love cycling as much as we do, keep yourself physically fit with our Evans Cycles Ride to Work scheme
- And after a long weeks’ work, join us in undoing it all – with membership to The Wine Society. (They also do gin and beer!)
- We want everyone to achieve “zen mastery” with a free subscription to Calm — work can be stressful and we want to help you switch off
- And the best benefit of all… Free access to the Wagestream service – naturally!