Senior Manager Customer Service (Bilingual)
At Wayfair, we care about our customers! Our award-winning Customer Service Team balances technology and human empathy to build customer trust and loyalty. From the time the customer orders with Wayfair through delivery to their home, our team works to make it easier than ever to shop for the home. The Customer Service Team works proactively in a fast-paced environment to monitor customer orders and ensure a seamless delivery to the customer. In the event a customer should contact our support team via phone, email, chat, social media, or in other ways, we empower our Customer Service Team to resolve the issue. We are passionate about our customers and work to delight them on every interaction with Wayfair.
As the Senior Manager in Customer Service you will report to a Site Director and will be responsible for driving performance of Customer Service Teams and developing high performing managers for our Bilingual team.
What You'll Do
- Drive the overall performance of customer service organization including; service levels workforce adherence, team productivity, compliance & customer satisfaction
- Lead a work-from-home and/or premises-based staff of 100+ managers, supervisors, and frontline staff, through developing, overseeing, and coaching of phone, email, and chat service teams
- Key input into P&L and business outcomes, including financial, operations, and people strategy
- Partner effectively with other contact center operations teams including workforce management, training, talent management and process transformation
- Analyze team performance to drive improvement in KPIs and close performance gaps; Identify data needs to central teams to drive performance
- Ensure appropriate resources are available to meet changing requirements and volume to meet performance objectives
- Identify training gaps and partner with onsite training and support teams to improve performance
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with effective communication and thorough follow through
- Coordinate and implement reward and recognition programs to drive both group and individual performance
- Drive employee engagement and foster a positive and productive culture through enthusiastic leadership
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of experience or 2+ years post-MBA experience preferred; Service management experience, with proven leadership track record and verifiable history of managing managers of successful, high volume teams is a plus
- Ability to be on-premise in Springfield, OR upon site re-open
- Experience leading teams at scale (100+) in a fast-paced, customer-centric environment
- Demonstrated experience independently developing strategy and driving tangible results across teams while leveraging data from a multitude of sources to tell a story and impact the overarching strategy.
- Proven experience and passion for working across functions, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
- Direct P&L experience is a plus
- Ability to set strategy and follow through on tactical implementation and execution of initiatives
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and effectively manage change by providing hands on enthusiastic leadership
- Experience working with workforce planning, high volume recruiting, and training across multiple sites and/or geographies.
- Experience utilizing and implementing enabling technology (i.e. CRM applications) to drive process improvement
- Experience with complex operational, process, and performance improvement projects
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.