Work From Home: French Bilingual Service Associate
We are seeking French speakers to assist our French-English bilingual customers. This role will be fully remote and is only open to those residing in the province of Ontario.
The Wayfair Opportunity:
At Wayfair, we believe a phenomenal customer experience combined with a supportive employee structure has resulted in our award-winning Customer Service Team.
This isn't just about taking another phone call— this is about empowering our customers to create spaces reflecting who they are, what they need, and what they value. You’ll play a crucial role by providing a best in class experience when it’s most needed. Wayfair will give you the training, tools, and decision-making ability to help our customers find solutions that work best for them.
You will empathetically help customers navigate a variety of post-order issues such as: shipping questions, damages, returns, replacements, assembly services and order notifications. No scripts. No canned responses. These are true human to human interactions where you can make a meaningful impact. Wayfair will invest in you with continuous development, career opportunities, and will surround you with a team of great people.
What Does a Service Associate Do?:
- Demonstrates Reliability: Attendance and commitment to being present for your full shift each day is crucial. This helps ensure we're ready and available to help our customers when they need us most. For unexpected events or issues, we require our associates to be proactive in their communication and planning whenever possible.
- Handles a High Volume of Contacts: You will handle an estimated 50-60 phone calls per shift. This is a fast paced environment and highly structured. There is little down time in this position as you are typically on back to back calls during your shift.
- Meets Our High Performance Bar: You’ll work to exceed customer satisfaction, excel in meeting customer service efficiency metrics, and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Engages Customers: You’ll need a passion for people. You'll be the voice of Wayfair and work to build a relationship with customers who contact us by inbound phone call, chats, and emails. Topics can range from returns, replacements, delivery, product availability, order status, and more.
- Listens Actively and Shows Empathy: You will actively listen to understand relevant customer information to find the best way to solve their problem quickly and thoroughly.
- De-Escalates Customer Concerns: Most customers contact us because they’ve had a problem and need your help. You will use your conflict management skills to balance the needs of the customer with the options from the business while always maintaining a professional composure.
- Problem Solves: Solutions aren’t a one-size-fits-all approach so customer service associates do not read from pre-populated scripts. You will be given a level of autonomy to help customers find the right solution. You’ll need to think analytically to solve customer problems in a first contact resolution approach.
- Multitasks: You’ll need to juggle navigating multiple browsers, tabs, tools, and screens in order to quickly and effectively answer questions. The ideal customer service representative will be familiar with computers and can effectively navigate technology on a daily basis.
- Escalates Systemic Issues: Help us continuously improve. You’ll identify areas where improvement is needed and share those trends with leadership.
What are the Pay & Benefits?:
- Competitive Hourly Pay Rate and tenure increases starting as early as 6 month
- Referral Bonus ($500 per eligible referral)
- This role will be fully remote in the province of Ontario. Maintaining the required internet speed in our virtual environment is a critical component in providing reliable and efficient service to our customers, as well as empowering our employees to be successful in their virtual roles. Successful applicants will be required to complete internet speed testing to ensure minimum internet capabilities are met.
- 100% Medical and Dental Coverage from Day 1
- RRSP (Registered Retirement Savings Plan) matching from day one
- Paid Time Off (start accruing time immediately)
- 10 PEL (Personal Emergency Leave) Days
- Wayfair observes 10 public holidays in Ontario
- Paid / Unpaid Parental Leave options
- Eligible Tuition Reimbursement (up to $5,250)
- Wayfair Employee Discount
- Volunteer Day for Community Service (Paid Day Off)
What are the Requirements?:
- You must be fully fluent in written and verbal french (Quebecois).
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must hold a High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- A knowledge of working within Windows Operating Systems or equivalent.
- Ability to maintain internet speed of at least 25 Mbps (download) and 5 (upload) using a hard-wire Ethernet internet connection (no WiFi)
- Wayfair wants to ensure your success. This is why our training is 100% mandatory. We are unable to accommodate any misses, days off, or tardiness during this time.
Ontario Disability Act
Wayfair complies with federal and provincial disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request if needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Wayfair, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate it and support it. Wayfair is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Wayfair does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.