Digital Marketing Strategist (Full Time, Remote)
The starting salary for this position is $50,000 – $70,000, based on skillset and experience.
Do you love digital marketing and online media, have a thirst for learning, and a desire to make an impact on a daily basis? Do you want to work alongside industry experts who welcome and value your contributions?
Digital Marketing Strategists at Web Ascender are hands-on and client-facing. You’ll deliver digital marketing services to achieve client goals while constantly learning and acquiring new skills and experience to advance to the next level.
The ideal Digital Marketing Strategist is a highly organized, accountable, and driven marketer with a passion for the industry and a desire to be a long-term, respected contributor to our team. You’ll lead the development and implementation of digital marketing strategies for promoting client websites and products, converting website visitors into leads, and building digital brands.
You will develop strategic plans to achieve business goals for a core set of clients while gaining valuable experience in the strategy behind digital marketing.
You will also be responsible for implementing client strategies and working with internal teams to ensure deliverables and campaign results exceed client expectations. This includes overseeing and contributing to the writing and optimization of content and blog posts, setup and testing of landing pages and calls to action, creation of email marketing materials, setup and management of digital ad campaigns, and development of reports and insights based on marketing analytics.
As a Digital Marketing Strategist at Web Ascender, you will:
- Develop digital marketing strategies for achieving client goals
- Be an expert in digital marketing tactics, including search engine optimization, blogging, email marketing, digital advertising, content offer creation, and website management
- Conduct research to become an expert in client industries and marketing
- Effectively project manage copywriters, designers, and developers to ensure the creation of high-quality deliverables on time and on budget
- Contribute to the execution of digital marketing tactics, including copywriting, ad management, and design effort as needed
- Create monthly performance reports and analysis to support digital marketing efforts
- Learn, implement, and improve Web Ascender processes and industry best practices, educating the team as needed
- Become an expert in the latest techniques, trends, and best practices in the digital marketing field
- Have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism or related field
- Are comfortable working with clients and explaining technical concepts to non-technical people
- Have advanced creative and technical content authoring skills
- Have knowledge and interest in search engine algorithms and SEO best practices
- 2-3 years experience with online analytics and advertising platforms (Ex: Google Ads, Google Analytics)
- 2-3 years experience managing online advertising campaigns
- 2-3 years experience with website reporting, analytics, and insights
- Are self-motivated with a thirst for learning and growing
- Enjoy learning about a variety of businesses and how they market their products and services
- Have excellent spoken and written English
- Have a collaborative spirit and can work well in small teams or go solo if the need arises
- Available 9am – 5pm US Eastern time to meet with clients and collaborate with internal team
- You are familiar with or have experience using Hubspot, Active Campaign, or other inbound marketing software
- Have agency experience or experience in a client-facing role
- Have some knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Competitive salary, based on experience ($50,000 – $70,000 USD)
- Medical plan with HSA
- Paid time off, plus holidays
- Generous parental leave
- 401k plan with company matching
- Professional development allowance
- Fun and casual work environment
- Work remote from anywhere in the US (Eastern or Central time zone strongly preferred)