Analytics Software Engineer (Wind Energy)
If you have a desire to grow with a dynamic company making a major contribution to renewable energy, have great advancement opportunities as we expand our solutions worldwide, and thrive in a fast paced, exciting environment, then this opportunity with WindESCo is for you.
WindESCo is a rapidly growing company helping to create a better planet by increasing the green energy output from existing wind farms. We do this by combining the power of engineering, machine learning and IIoT. Our solutions are currently optimizing wind plants in 12 countries across 4 continents. We have an immediate opening for an Analytics Software Engineer in our Software Engineering team with the option to work remotely or at our headquarters in Burlington, MA. We are looking for candidates that think big, can thrive in our team-oriented culture and want to help change the world.
Permanent US work authorization is required (US citizen, green card, or equivalent). To learn more about WindESCo, please visit windesco.com or view our corporate video. Please apply here.
Analytics Software Engineer
To support our growth, we are looking for an Analytics Software Engineer to expand and enhance our software systems that detect actionable missed energy production potential from wind turbine data. At WindESCo you will be expected to innovate, demonstrate superiority of potential innovations through rigorous testing and validation, and execute by turning those innovative concepts into production systems.
Intellectual curiosity to explore, understand, and improve our systems and solutions is key to success at WindESCo. Critical for this role is a mindset focused on making continuous incremental improvements toward the goal of improved efficiency, reliability, and scalability. You should be results-driven and excel at breaking problems down into pieces and executing each of them while being mindful of the overall objective.
- Analyze and model turbine behavior using time series SCADA data.
- Develop, test, and validate algorithms to turn data into knowledge and deliver the next-generation of optimization solutions.
- Find anomalies in data, identify general concepts, and automate this process with Python.
- Create intuitive interfaces (text-based and graphical) to facilitate execution and interpretation of analytics calculation results.
- Write production quality code with high standards for quality, maintainability, and automated testing.
- Use Git version control to effectively collaborate with other team members via GitHub.
- Create and maintain documentation on how to use and extend software functionality.
- Support and train users on the effective use of software.
- Synthesize internal user feedback into improvements to enhance team productivity.
- Advanced degree in STEM and at least 3 years experience developing analytics software in Python.
- Working knowledge of wind energy and wind turbine fundamentals.
- Experience with scientific computing in Python including NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Jupyter Notebook.
- Knowledge of data science and machine learning tools and best practices.
- Knowledge of data visualization tools and techniques.
- Experience in collaborative software development using version control (Git or equivalent), automated testing, CI/CD.
- Experience with software documentation, training, and support.
- Eligible to work in the US.
The ideal candidate will have one or more of the following:
- Extensive knowledge of wind plant data, wind turbine design, or operations of a wind plant.
- Experience building/running systems with AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Experience working with big data tools such as Spark and Dask.
- Extensive teaching or customer support experience.
- Contributions to open source software projects.
- Cursory knowledge of UX design principles.
WindESCo provides competitive compensation plans. In addition, employees receive excellent health and dental insurance, 401k, and paid time off.
WindESCo has established a progressive workplace that is collaborative and team focused. If you believe you would be an excellent fit and would like to join the WindESCo team, please submit your resume.