Senior Business Development Manager
Wizeline is a global technology services provider that partners with Fortune 500 companies and startups to build high-quality digital products and platforms that accelerate time-to-market. Our diverse and adaptive teams provide the right combination of solutions and methodologies to deliver results while collaborating with our customers’ teams to foster innovation through continuous learning.
At Wizeline, we understand that great people and teams build great software. All team members are empowered to take ownership, raise their hands, and develop innovative solutions to our customers’ most challenging problems. To retain and develop top talent, we foster a working environment that celebrates creativity, encourages skill development, and allows for multidisciplinary collaboration.
We are invested in making a positive impact in our communities. That’s why we created Wizeline Academy, a free, community-based education program that teaches high-value skills to workers looking to advance their tech industry careers. To date, Academy has served more than 32,000 students with 250 instructors across 194 courses. Wizeliners have the opportunity to upskill by taking Academy courses and can also share their expertise by delivering classes to students.
The Wizeline Go To Market Team
Wizeline sales and account leadership professionals deliver distinctive client experiences through consulting offerings tailored to address the unique needs of the Fortune 500, Forbes Global 2000, and fast-growing large scale startups alike.
What You Will Bring to the Team
This role will be exclusively focused on new client acquisition. You will be working hand-in-hand with all members of a Wizeline cross functional team, and as Senior Business Development Manager you will be responsible for the business strategy, acquisition, and early growth for several target accounts that will primarily be selected from your personal network, driving the entire client acquisition lifecycle leveraging our unique software engineering consulting services.
Vision for the Role
Working hand-in-hand with all members of the Wizeline team, the Senior Business Development Manager will be responsible for taking our value proposition to the market with passion. You are expected to be directly responsible for the growth of our business coming from new clients. Your primary and only focus will be to succeed in acquiring Fortune 500 and Forbes Global 2000 customers; your secondary focus can be to combine those with a smaller mix of fast-growing large scale startups.
You are expected to apply true entrepreneurialism, demonstrating significant energy and motivation to understand our space & strengths. You will also have to work proactively on lead generation to create a healthy opportunity pipeline, prioritize opportunities, mature and materialize them, and meet your sales objectives. You will need to leverage your pre-existing active and current network to win multiple complex large scale deals per year with C-Suite, VP, and Director level of Fortune 500 and Global-2000 companies.
Your Day-to-Day Activities
- Vision: You bring to life the idea that Wizeline helps our clients by bringing the “tenacity and talent to build tomorrow’s technology.” You want our clients to view Wizeline as their trusted, go-to partner for their digital transformation and digital product development needs, and you will be the thought-leader and executive to help us get there.
- Business Development & New Client Acquisition: You have a relevant active network of colleagues and business contacts from your recent career years that are decision-makers and lead projects in the digital transformation or digital product development business areas for large and growing enterprises. You are not restricted by non-compete agreements and feel comfortable engaging with those contacts about Wizeline and working to bring those clients into the Wizeline family.
- Client Relationships: You have an executive presence and are comfortable driving business conversations at the C-Suite, VP, and Director level of Fortune 500 and Global 2000 companies.
- Technology/Digital Transformation: You are well-versed and comfortable driving client conversations focused on digital transformation, digital product development, user experience & design, engineering, data & analytics, DevOps, cloud, technical writing, quality assurance, and agile methodologies.
- Industry or Domain Expertise: You have experience working most closely within specific industry verticals or specific areas of domain expertise, but are also comfortable leading conversations with client executives that are outside of your specific field knowledge.
- Financial Management and Administration: You have mastered the basic financial principles of running a consulting business and a client or portfolio of clients. You can leverage these principles to help other departments at Wizeline (delivery, engineering, project management, legal, etc.) to deliver against internal metrics. You can also leverage these skills during client conversations and can speak confidently to clients about their own financial systems and challenges.
- New Client acquisition focused on acquiring 2 or 3 large clients that can drive $15-25M in 2021 revenue.
Are You a Fit?
- Experience: 10-15+ years of experience selling professional services consulting projects to complex clients and highly matrixed organizations. Recent relevant business experience in at least 2 of the following areas of business: Life Sciences and Healthcare, Automotive & Transport, Media & Entertainment, Financial Services & Insurance, Technology, Travel & Leisure
- Track Record: Proven pre-existing active and current network with recent consistent track record of closing multiple complex large scale deals per year with C-Suite, VP, and Director level of Fortune 500 and Global-2000 companies.
- Ambiguity: You are undeterred by ambiguity, uncertainty, and lack of resources. You have the ability to work with a start-up mindset. You are comfortable without a rigid formal structure. Futurespective and able to build a business.
- Communication: You are highly collaborative and proactively communicative. You can easily build credibility and trust across a wide range of people including technologists and senior buyers. You are able to give and receive feedback constructively.
- Resilience: You possess personal and professional resilience. You can accept mistakes and handle conflict. You are a tenacious lead generator.
Why You Should Apply
Still not convinced you should apply? Here are some of the things that make Wizeline different from other technology services companies:
At Wizeline, we value innovation, community, and ownership. Our commitment to diversity, inclusion, and respect fosters an environment where everyone does well and does good. We're proud to be recognized by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation in response to our inclusive corporate policies and best practices for LGBTQ+ employees.
We offer exceptional career growth opportunities to our employees with skill development workshops, mentoring programs, and support for side projects or entrepreneurial work. In 2020, we won a Súper Empresas award for our organizational culture and climate.
Our Benefits and Perks
We offer competitive compensation and employee-centric benefits, including industry-leading maternity and paternity leave, wellness programs, and remote work opportunities. In recognition of our superb employee benefits, we even qualified for the Súper Espacios award in 2020.
Our Global Family
To support the global nature of our business and help our employees grow beyond their technical skills, we offer free virtual English and Spanish language classes as well as provide immigration support when applicable. Prior to COVID-19, we had a robust Work Abroad program in place, which we plan to continue once it’s safe to do so.
Wizeline creates and fosters a diverse, inclusive, and harassment-free workplace where everyone can achieve their potential. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.