Business Development Manager – Education and Research – Oxfordshire, UK
The role will work to develop relationships with academic institutions, faculty and students as well as research departments. Focussing on outreach activities to help better educate our academic users and help to broaden the reach of our products in academic institutions. This role requires an interest and knowledge in Academia, as well as ideally Wolfram technologies, and would suit someone creative with excellent communication skills.
Reporting to: Director of Strategic Project Delivery
- Outreach development – maintain and develop partnerships with other organisations (Societies, Institutes, Education Organisations).
- Develop strategies for sourcing and managing new and existing relationships.
- Encourage collaborative efforts across departments and working groups at target organisations.
- Provide advice, support and resources to improve site utilisation, helping to build vision and exemplars of Wolfram technology resources.
- Communicate new features and benefits via a variety of mediums (Email, Social Media, Face to Face).
- Create relationships with Students in technical fields (via forums, groups) and provide a mechanism for sharing ideas and paths forward.
- Building communities with social media.
- Support delivery of related Strategic Projects.
- Identify research institutions or university courses that are using competing or complimentary technologies and build positive working relationships.
- Write and adapt technical and promotional content.
- Effectively communicate uncovered and developing opportunities with Sales team.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Above average understanding of the Wolfram technology stack and potential implementations
- Familiarity with academic institutions and research universities
- Master’s degree or higher preferred
Location: Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
This role can offer hybrid working.
Wolfram is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at its company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £30,000.00 per year