Jr. Graphic Designer
Jr. Graphic Designer – Weruva International Inc.
Weruva’s Jr. Graphic Designer is responsible for conveying the brand’s identity, attributes, and voice through packaging, print, and digital formats by delivering a cohesive look and feel across all sub brands. You’ll work on a variety of projects including various packaging formats and substrates, sales support materials, digital media content, and more for the many brands within the Weruva family. The Jr. Graphic Designer will also work collaboratively with the Digital Media Specialist to create original designs for digital media campaigns and product launches and assist with content buildout for campaigns. The primary role for this position will be to act as a production assistant to the lead graphic designer for our many packaging lines.
The fun doesn’t end there because Weruva is growing quickly and we’re always working on new and creative ways to connect with consumers! In order to thrive in this position you need to be ready to jump into a fast-paced environment. This is a job is for a multi-disciplinary talent, you’ll be designing on cross-platform digital content one moment and illustrating packaging designs the next. We’re all about finding the right person/personality for our team – you’re hard-working, practice kindness, have a positive attitude, and a collaborative nature.
- Contract-to-hire: This position is structured as a “contract-to-hire” arrangement. At the end of contract permanent employment will be considered and any potential employee will become eligible for all company benefits.
- Telecommute: While this position is available to those who wish to telecommute, it is a requirement to be available during our normal business hours of 8-5pm PST Monday through Friday.
- Benefits: Base plan 100% Employer-paid Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, PTO, Pet
adoption leave, and much more offered with full time employment.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Overview – Work with the Director of Marketing and support lead Graphic Designer to build out packaging lines, digital sales collateral, cross-platform digital medial collateral and more.
- Packaging – Update existing package designs for flexible pouch products, cans labels,
and other corrugated packaging projects.
- Review & Proofing – Execute internal review and proofing of all designs before release for print production. This includes strict file management practices and reporting of projects in process. (You need to be VERY detail oriented for this position)
- Digital & Print Media – Work with Director of Marketing to execute creative briefs for
digital and print materials. Projects may include, brochures, catalogs, sales sheets,
at-shelf materials, content for social media campaigns, trade show materials, and much more.
- Continued Education – Required continual education to stay informed on the latest
digital content methods and strategies. Seeking out and recommending industry events or lectures to attend.
- Outgoing personality – Jr. Graphic Designer, in conjunction with their own personality, is required to convey the unique and quirky attributes and voice of Weruva through all designs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Illustration, Package Design, or related field (or
- 3+ years of experience with consumer product goods and digital content creation for
- Extensive experience using the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator,InDesign,Photoshop, and Lightroom.
- Experience using Google business suite, Asana, and Slack.
- Good understanding of prepress procedures, image compression optimization, and
proper file management skills for submission of files to print house.
- Experience with planning and developing content for cross-platform use for digital media.
- Self motivated and able to manage project needs and time requirements given a diverserange of project type and requirements.
- Ability to demonstrate an interest in creative digital design with an insatiable curiosity for learning about new graphic design trends, tools, tactics, and best practices.
- Photography skills are a bonus as well as Typography junkies.
About Our Team:
Our small and growing team has the enormous responsibility of representing a unique pet food parent brand through visual, verbal, and written content at all touch points. We manage several sub-brands as well as 2 additional distinct brands with varying audiences. Some days are exhausting, some days are immensely rewarding, but every day we educate and inform people about a better way to feed their pets. That makes us happy, and we think it’ll make you happy too.
About Our Company:
Weruva International was founded in 2006, a few years after David and Stacie rescued their first cat, Rudi, from the streets of NYC. Because of their love and affection for animals, one rescued cat soon became three, and WeRuVa was born.
Weruva produces high quality pet foods for the independent pet channel (distributed globally) and from our humble beginnings, we’ve grown our market share to number one within our food category. To this day, Weruva remains a family company, wholly owned and operated by David and Stacie Forman.
How to Apply:
- Submit a resume (.doc files will be rejected…)
- Provide a link to your portfolio (like to doodle? Include original illustrations too!)
- Tell us why you belong here!
- Provide three professional references – include in the cover letter
- Provide salary history from three most recent jobs – include in the cover letter
- Email all this fun stuff to firstname.lastname@example.org