Insurance of the San Juans is located in Montrose and Telluride, Colorado. We are seeking an experienced Account Manager to join our Commercial Lines department and work remotely. This individual will work with the agency principal, producers and other team members to ensure overall client satisfaction and a high level of quality for new and current clients.
This is a remote commute position and the ideal applicant will be working from home. The typical work day includes service work throughout the day, and regular maintenance. We are in the making investments in technology to improve and increase our book of Workers’ Comp so this position includes a lot of related service to that line of business. We are a lean staff and are looking for someone with a good, can do attitude to help balance out the workload.
- Coordinate and markets new and renewal business opportunities with our insurance carriers.
- Prepares all submissions and work with Producers in determining proper coverages, terms, conditions and pricing.
- Develops new and renewal proposals and presentations.
- Shares responsibility with Producer for the quality and accuracy of the content.
- Daily servicing of accounts including processing of endorsements, audits, invoicing, policy checking, and pre-renewal updates.
- Provides back-up on certificate processing and claims
- Communicates information with Producer and team to ensure consistent achievement of client satisfaction
- Understands and employs leadership, delegation and project management skills in a professional and ethical business manner.
- Maintains a commitment to personal and professional development.
- Enter and maintains data in AMS360
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of property & casualty client service experience.
- Strong knowledge of small to middle market client management skills including reviewing client’s business operations, exposures, and loss experience.
- Ability to develop new business marketing strategies
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with a proven ability to manage multiple priorities, deliver timely and accurate work products with a client service focus, and respond with a sense of urgency required.
- Proficient in MS Office software, AMS360 and/or industry software experience a plus.
- Familiarity with Zywave a plus
- Professional and respectful communication and conduct.
- Property & casualty license within the state of Colorado
Salary Range: Negotiable based on education and experience