Tripadvisor, Reddit and Fitbit Remote Jobs
This week I’d like to feature a few companies you’ve probably heard of before; Tripadvisor, Reddit and Fitbit. Read below about some of the opportunities and benefits these companies offer.
Tripadvisor is the world’s largest travel platform according to SimilarWeb, helping hundreds of millions of travelers each month. Chances are good that you’ve come across them if you’ve spent time online researching hotels, vacation rentals, and things to do while on vacation. According to Wikipedia, they had over 4,000 employees (in 2019) and are a publicly traded company on the NASDAQ stock exchange. Though they did reduce their workforce by approximately 25% due to COVID-19, they do still have vacancies to fill.
Some of Tripadvisor’s benefits for U.S. workers include:
- Health, Dental and Vision
- Retirement savings plan – employer matching
- Fitness reimbursement (up to $600/year tax free)
- Educational assistance up to $5,000/year for approved degree programs
- Work/life programs (personal travel reimbursement, back-up child care and more)
- Care@work membership to help find caregivers, pet care, home care, etc.
Philanthropy and volunteerism are important values to their organization. Since 2010, their employee-led philanthropy has resulted in over $25 million in donations to the Tripadvisor Charitable Foundation.
Tripadvisor encourages people to manage their own career path and ongoing learning. You’ll get access to various learning resources and support from their learning and development team.
Reddit, also known as “the front page of the internet,” is a community-driven platform that currently sits at #7 on Alexa’s top sites in the United States, and #18 globally. Reddit is a network of communities based on interest groups. Members submit content to various communities (aka ‘subreddits’) in the form of posts, links, and images. This content can then be voted on by other members.
Some of Reddit’s perks include:
- Employer-paid health benefits
- Unlimited vacation days
- 4 months paternal leave, plus up to 4 additional months of disability leave for delivering mothers
- Education and pet care stipends
- Childcare support, and much more
Some of their current remote opportunities include marketing, product management, web development, security engineer and more. See the latest remote jobs with Reddit.
Fitbit is a company that makes a wide range of products to help people track their exercise, diet, food, weight and sleep. They are headquartered in San Francisco, CA, but have offices all over the world. There are hundreds of Fitbit reviews on Glassdoor, and they’re currently rated at 4.1 stars.
In October 2020, Fitbit received an award from the U.S. Army to help accelerate their COVID-19 wearable detection technology. What this shows is that Fitbit is constantly innovating, and the fact that they’re stepping into COVID detection territory is exciting news.
Some of Fitbit’s perks include the following:
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Great health insurance options
- Competitive maternity/paternity plans
- 401K matching
- Personal development workshops
They currently have multiple opportunities for sales associates. See remote job openings with Fitbit.