Stripe, 1password, and Coursera Remote Job Opportunities
This week I’d like to feature a few more companies that caught my eye. See below for a brief overview about each company, as well as some of the benefits offered.
Stripe is a tech company that specializes in payment processing (payment gateway and merchant processing). It enables businesses to accept online payments. Millions of companies throughout the word use Stripe’s software and APIs to accept payments, send payouts, and manage their businesses online. Though not as well known as their competitor, PayPal, Stripe offers a deeper feature-set because of their powerful developer tools.
Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internetStripe (About Us)
Stripe currently has openings for staff engineers, web developers, product manager, technical recruiting manager and much more.
Some of the benefits their company offers employees include:
- Comprehensive mental, medical, and physical health plans
- Fertility benefits
- Parental leave
- Access to healthy food (while at the office)
- Special opportunities for interns and recent grads
While looking through their reviews on Glassdoor, here are my takeaways:
- The company is growing rapidly
- Intelligent/talented co-workers
- Potential for personal growth
- Good salary and benefits package
- Transparent culture
- Great leadership
- Company invests in long-term growth
- Excellent on-boarding process
- Amazing food – This was constantly brought up! I’m not sure how remote workers would get access to this though.
See our listing of remote jobs with Stripe.
1password is a password manager that allows users to store passwords, logins, software licenses, credit card info and other types of sensitive information. As you can imagine, security must be at the forefront of this company in order to avoid security hacks/breaches. Information stored within their system is end-to-end encrypted, and has multiple layers of protection to ensure that only authorized users can access their information.
Company Values and Perks
- Autonomy and responsibility – Freedom to solve problems with your own creativity
- Inclusivity – Kindness and respect are highly necessary
- Tools and tech are provided in order to do your best work
- Some of the cool onsite perks include gaming, food, 3D-printing, pets, music and more
While reading through some of the reviews about 1Password, here is how I’d sum up some of the highlights:
- A great sense of community; feels like a family; positive culture; relaxed atmosphere; strong feeling of belonging even if working remote – I read numerous comments stating how kind everybody is and how they’ve managed to cultivate a great work environment. Don’t underestimate how important this is. If you’re looking to work in a company for the longterm, this is a huge selling point!
- Great benefits
- A lot of room for advancement since the company is growing so quickly
- Leadership is transparent
- Company seems to have great relationships with their customers and truly care about them
- Annual Caribbean cruise
- No micromanagement
I can see why they have such good ratings on Glassdoor!
Some of their current opportunities include web development, operations analyst, finance, business development and more. Take a look at our list of 1Password remote job opportunities.
Coursera is an online course provider that was started by two Stanford University computer science professors (Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller). This company offers massive open online classes (MOOC), specializations, degrees, professional and mastertrack courses. Coursera partners with 200+ leading universities and companies to bring flexible, affordable job-relevant learning to individuals and organizations worldwide. Some of these universities include Yale, Duke, University of Michigan, and Arizona State University.
Coursera currently has openings for product management, software development and more.
Some of the benefits that Coursera offers their employees include the following:
- Lifelong learning – They’ll pay the cost of tuition so that you can earn a Master’s degree and develop new skills.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Free access to counseling and mental health services
- Parental leave
- Make-a-thon; dedicate time to attending workshops, working on passion-projects, etc.
- Paid time off
- Remote work
- Equity – earn company stock
After scanning the reviews on Glassdoor, here’s how I’d summarize what was stated:
- Very mission-driven; making the world better through easy access to education
- Exciting and fast-paced
- Great benefits
- Friendly, talented colleagues
- Work flexibility
- Free food onsite
- Good pay
- Great diversity and inclusion
- Fast-growing company
- A feeling of ‘ownership’ of work
Take a look at the remote opportunities with Coursera.
More Popular Companies
See our previous blog post about BuzzFeed, Blinkist, and Khan Academy remote jobs.